The ERF and a consortium of GCC universities have recently launched the GCC Economic Research Initiative (GCCeRI), which is aimed at building a network for GCC researchers where they can interact with each other and the wider ERF research community to share ideas and collaborate on policy-oriented research.
The GCCeRI would provide a platform for GCC researchers and policy makers to discuss research and policy issues as well as regional and global developments; and, disseminate research outcomes to the public through means of publications, newsletters, conferences and workshops. This conference scheduled to take place 8 - 9 December, 2019 in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, is designed to be the major inaugural event of the GCCeRI.
The organizers welcome submissions of proposals or completed draft papers on any topic of relevance to the GCC economic development and public policy issues, most notably the following from the following six areas:
- GCC Growth and Development Strategies
- GCC Macroeconomic Institutions
- Labor Market
- Realizing the GCC Common Market and its Full Benefits
- Food Security in the GCC
Proposals/papers can be submitted in English or Arabic.
- Deadline for submission of the research proposals/papers: September 20, 2019
- Announcement of accepted research proposals: September 30, 2019
- Submission of final papers: November 15, 2019
- Conference to present the papers: December 8-9, 2019