The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is a regional, independent, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening social science research and knowledge production in the Arab world.
The ACSS is recruiting for the following position (based in Beirut):
Communications & IT Manager who will be responsible for:
- Developing strategies for promoting the organization’s work, raising its profile in the research and public sphere across the Arab region and globally, and disseminating the research and other work sponsored and/or organized by the ACSS to target different audiences.
- Managing all aspects of the public interface of the ACSS with its various constituents: researchers, donors, the media, policy makers, universities, NGOs and research centers.
- Planning, budgeting and implementing all communicationsactivities in line with the overall ACSS strategy to realize desired positioning, coverage and reach.
- Managing the ACSS branding and visual identity.
- Developing content for social media, websites, newsletters, press releases and any other distribution channel.
- Creating presentations, articles, reports, media kits and other information for internal and external use.
- Organizing the relationship between the Communications Unit and other units and staff of the ACSS, including developing guidelines and processes to organize the workflow.
- Providing communication support to other ACSS units and projects.
- Identifying and working with consultants and service providers for different outputs and infrastructures.
- Helping develop internal IT systems, including CRM and databases.
Eligibility, Qualifications & Competencies
- Degree in a relevant field(s);
- Minimum of 6 years of managerial experience in communications, branding, PR or related field;
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems and Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator);
- Familiarity with the production and editing of multimedia materials (videos, podcasts, etc.);
- Experience with IT technologies and best practices across multiple platforms;
- Familiarity with the social sciences and its vocabulary;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English. French is a plus.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Please submit a cover letter, current CV, and references by email to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.