The Arab Council for Social Sciences (ACSS) is a regional, independent, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening social science research and knowledge production in the Arab region, based in Beirut, Lebanon.
The ACSS is recruiting for the following position:
Events and Administrative Assistant
To coordinate activities related to the events of the Council and provide administrative and functional support to ACSS team, in order to ensure the provision of high-quality events and administrative services, in line with the related standards and procedures.
Coordinates functions related to ACSS events to ensure smooth hosting and proceeding. Tasks include the below:
- Coordinating activities for events hosted at the ACSS office in collaboration with relevant staff.
- Negotiating quotations to ensure best deals with hotels to accommodate workshops, conferences, training, etc.
- Catering for internal or external meetings/ workshops.
- Preparing per diem and payment vouchers as per set policy and ensuring proper disbursement in coordination with finance unit.
- On site management to ensure the event runs smoothly.
Manages logistics activities related to travel and official travel documents to secure safe and timely commuting and residency of ACSS staff and hosts. Tasks include the below:
- Managing Travel requests (Air tickets, accommodation, Visa applications, transportation, and Insurance, etc.)
- Coordinating with the participants for suitable flights, travel dates, visa issues and any special requests etc.
- In special cases working on visa applications with the Lebanese General Security offices
- Following up on all legal matters concerning work and residence permits of non-Lebanese employees, in coordination with ACSS PRO Officer.
Handles all aspects of office management and maintenance to secure a safe and clean work environment, with availability of material for proper rollout of operation. Tasks include the below:
- Managing office space in terms of allocation and maintenance of work spaces as well as working equipment in coordination with the IT officer.
- Coordinating with workers and other handypersons for repairs and maintenance.
- Ensuring fuel and water is always available and liaising with concerned parties to procure those supplies.
- Ensuring timely replenishment of kitchen and office supplies
- Oversight of cleaning staff.
Centralizes the activities of procurement, other than office supplies, for a secure transparent process in coordination with the DG and the Finance Unit. Tasks include the below:
- Processing purchase orders related to workshops and internal staff requests.
- Monitors the process for proper implementation.
Supports the membership strategy prepared by the BoT membership sub-committee in close coordination with the Senior Assistant to the Director General. Tasks include the below:
- Responding to membership enquiries and/or channeling to relevant staff
- Ensuring all applications are downloaded with all relevant documents (Application, CV and passport), filed properly and ready to be reviewed by the Membership Committee.
- Generating an excel sheet with all information on applicants.
- Checking for eligibility requirements
- Attending the Membership Committee meetings, providing needed information and taking notes on the discussions.
- Sending the acceptance letters to all successful applicants.
- Following up with members regarding the payment of their membership fees.
Provides basic administrative support to the DG, ensuring proper filing for easy retrieval of information.
- Establishing the proper filing systems and maintaining it for coherent and ease of availability of information.
- Supporting the scheduling of DG meetings and travel
- Supporting in meeting coordination and management, including taking notes and follow up.
- Minimum BA degree preferably in Hospitality or Management, with 3 years of experience in a travel and events coordination, administration, and /or other functional support role.
- Languages: Perfect Arabic and English (spoken & written). French is an asset.
- Solid expertise in managing travel and accommodation.
- Excellent communication skills (writing & speaking).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
Please submit a cover letter and your CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Salary range: 1400 – 2000 $
The position is based in Beirut. Some travel to activities will be required.
Deadline for applications: Monday, July 31, 2023