Position is open until April 11, 2023.
Alternative Policy Solutions
at the American University in Cairo (AUC) is hiring a researcher/writer for its weekly news digest, Adasa. "Adasa" provides an analysis of a select number of policy developments and their effect on inclusive development and socioeconomic change. The selected candidate must have previous experience in writing and researching short analytical pieces, and unwrapping complex socio-economic news developments. We are looking for someone with a clear and concise writing style and a deep understanding and keen following of the policy scene in Egypt.
● Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in economics, development, or any related field. Masters degree preferable.
● Five to ten years of previous experience in related fields. This must include proven experience in the understanding, reporting and writing on socio-economic policy developments
● Excellent written and oral command of both Arabic and English
● Distinguished research skills
● Strong analytical skills
● Ability to work independently and in a team
● Ability to meet deadlines and strong time-management skills.
Position is open until April 11, 2023 - Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume, a cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Adasa - 2023” in the subject line.