Deadline for Applications: Friday, May 6, 2022
The Lebanese Center for Policy Studies is hiring a Political Economy Researcher.
Founded in 1989, the Lebanese Center for Policy Studies is an independently managed, non-partisan, non-profit, non-governmental think tank whose mission is to produce and advocate for policies that improve governance in Lebanon and the Arab region. LCPS’s current research agenda focuses on: enhancing governance by promoting sound reforms, analyzing the economic crisis and offering sustainable solutions, promoting inclusive and effective social policies, and highlighting environmental challenges and the benefits of renewable energy.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify issues for research and recommend appropriate research methods.
- Formulate, implement, and manage research projects.
- Devise public opinion surveys, focus group discussion guides, and interview questionnaires.
- Collect and process economic and statistical data using sampling techniques and econometric methods.
- Analyze economic and political policies, legislation, government administration, and election results.
- Draft analytical documents and policy papers.
- Consult with political groups, government officials, civic bodies, research institutes, media, and other relevant parties.
- Deliver oral and visual presentations.
- A master’s degree or Ph.D. with a focus on the field of political economy.
- At least three years of relevant work or research experience.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Advanced knowledge of STATA and other statistical methodologies.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Demonstrated affinity with the mission and objectives of the Lebanese Center for Policy Studies.
- Demonstrated experience with initiating and carrying out academic/policy research.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting and analyzing data and information.
- A problem-solving attitude and approach.
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required; fluency in Arabic is highly desirable.
- Excellent communications skills and intercultural sensitivity.
- Must be a resident of Lebanon.
How to Apply:
Send a completed application consisting of a cover letter (maximum one page), a CV, a writing sample (three to five pages, in English), and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to mention “Political Economy Researcher” in the subject of your email. Unfortunately, due to a high number of applicants, we are only able to contact candidates whose applications are shortlisted.
Deadline for Applications:
Friday, 6 May 2022