Application Deadline: May 2, 2022
The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the opening of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program competition for 2023-2024. The Fulbright Program enables Lebanese students to pursue graduate-level study in the United States of America. Participants also have the unique opportunity to experience life in the United States and share Lebanon’s unique culture and traditions with Americans. Participants are chosen through an open, merit-based competition in which leadership potential, academic excellence and the ability to adjust to life in the United States are all considered. Once accepted into the Fulbright Program, every Fulbrighter becomes part of a global network of engaged, dedicated Fulbright alumni.
The Fulbright Program provides:
• Tuition and required fees for graduate study in the United States;
• Book, equipment, and travel allowances;
• Monthly stipend for accommodations and meals;
• Supplemental health and accident insurance coverage plan;
• Opportunities to participate in Fulbright Enrichment Programs.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
• Must be a Lebanese citizen or a holder of the Special Travel Document for Palestinian Refugees issued by the Lebanese Government.;
• U.S. citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply;
• Must reside in country throughout the application, selection and placement process;
• Must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution at the time of the program start date;
• Must have a strong academic background;
• Must be proficient in English and/or able to attend a Long-Term English (LTE) program prior to the start of the study program;
• Preference is given to students who have little or no previous experience studying or living in the United States;
• Preference is given to students who will pursue a field of study benefiting Lebanese society and/or Lebanese-American relations.
• Interested applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply as are those of all backgrounds.
Online applications are available here
• Applications will be accepted in most fields of study, including the humanities, social sciences, science, technology, and engineering. However, master’s programs with a clinical studies component, such as medicine and nursing, are not permitted. Medical professionals may apply for academic degrees.
• Applications and materials must be submitted through the online system (except for official transcripts, which must be submitted to the Amideast office).
Applicants will be required to submit:
• Official academic transcripts;
• An up-to-date CV detailing all prior education, work experience, and civic activities;
• Three letters of reference, in English;
• A personal statement and study/research objective, in English, up to 600 words in length each;
• Write clearly, using professional and understandable language;
• Demonstrate why you have chosen your field of study and how you are qualified;
• Proofread all materials for grammatical errors and spelling mistakes;
• Refrain from using sarcasm, jokes, or inappropriate humor;
• Cite any outside sources used in your essays. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
Individual & group Online sessions:
• Free workshops on the Fulbright Foreign Student Program and the application process will be conducted every week. To register please fill in the online form
• Free workshops on essay writing will be conducted by EducationUSA adviser every first and last Wednesday of each month at 3:00 pm. To register please fill in the online form
• Free one-on one quick consultation will be held every week. To book your consultation, fill in the online form
• Any student requiring assistance or access to a computer and internet connection to complete the application is welcome to use the student advising center at Amideast for free.
• The Fulbright Alumni Association of Lebanon (FAAL) is inviting all prospective applicants for this year’s Fulbright Foreign Student Program to an online “Meet and Greet Session with Fulbright Alumni". During this session, applicants can ask about the Program and learn from the experiences of those who have completed their master’s degrees on the Fulbright Program. The date to be announced soon.
• Selected candidates should be available for interviews in Lebanon during June2022.
• Fulbright students are subject to the 212e home-country physical presence requirement, which requires students to return to Lebanon for a cumulative period of two years prior to being eligible for certain U.S. visa categories. (For more details please visit the U.S. Department of State Consular Affairs website