Are you interested in a career in the fields of social science and humanities?
The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is now recruiting at all levels for Program Assistants, Coordinators, Officers and Managers.
The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is a regional, independent, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening social science research and knowledge production in the Arab region. By supporting researchers and academic/research institutions, the ACSS aims to contribute to the creation, dissemination, validation and utilization of social science research in the region.
We are looking for people interested in a career in programmatic support, coordination and management of grants, fellowships, research and other activities funded by the ACSS through its donors.
Each application received will be considered for the various open positions based on the applicant’s academic qualifications and work experience.
- A minimum of a BA in the social sciences or allied fields up to a Ph.D.
- Experience in research, research assistance, research management, program management
- Advanced post-doc. research experience is a plus
- Experience in organizing workshops and activities
- Experience in administering grants and fellowships is a plus
- Administrative and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Applications welcome from scholars from across the Arab region
- Positions are based in Beirut but flexible arrangements can be considered
- Excellent Arabic and English writing, speaking, reading skills. French is a plus.
Most of all we are looking for people who are passionate about the social sciences and humanities and who are ready to navigate the current challenges facing the region. People who want to promote these fields in the region and beyond and who are able to come up with creative solutions in an environment that values high principles, fairness and equity.
Please submit a cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Friday, November 26, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with the role.