Deadline for applications: January 31, 2021
The Lebanese Center for Policy Studies is hiring a highly qualified senior English language editor to line edit, proofread, and prepare LCPS’s policy papers, reports, briefs, and articles for publication.
Founded in 1989, the Lebanese Center for Policy Studies is an independently managed, non-partisan, non-profit, non-governmental think tank whose mission is to produce and advocate policies that improve governance in Lebanon and the Arab region. LCPS’ current research agenda focuses on: Improving political representation, strengthening decentralization, supporting policies to create jobs, empowering youth, assessing the vulnerability of refugees, and promoting security sector reform.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate she/he is able to:
- Thoroughly and competently edit outputs produced by LCPS, entailing substantive critiques and diligent proofreading
- Work well with a range of authors who publish in a variety of fields including economics, politics, and sociology, among others
- Work independently, multi-task, and complete work according to deadlines
- Work from LCPS’s offices in Beirut five days per week
- Exceptional command of written English
- A 4-year degree from an English-language university (minimum)
- At least two years of experience working as an editor at a think tank, academic publication, or as a subeditor/news writer at a media publication
- Knowledge about the workings of Lebanese governmental institutions, electoral politics, and media
- Some proficiency in Arabic is desirable
Interested candidates can apply by sending a cover letter with a CV and recent writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2021.