The Arab Council for Social Sciences (ACSS) is a regional, independent, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening social sciences research and knowledge production in the Arab World.
The ACSS is recruiting for the following position:
Part time Graphic Designer
- Visualize and create graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts, graphs, infographics and photos for the ACSS Publications.
- Select colors, fonts, photographs, layouts and other design elements to communicate appropriate concepts.
- Work with the communications unit to produce creative concepts and designs.
- Develop a visual identity and apply it during big events such as the ACSS conference, forum, workshops, annual lectures…
- Review final productions with the printing house for errors and ensure that final prints reflect the required specifications.
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field.
- Proven graphic designing experience (min 5 years).
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop).
- A knowledge of both typography and color theory is critical.
- The ability to communicate well and work methodically as part of a team.
- Languages: Proficiency in English and Arabic. French is an asset.
Please submit a cover letter and your CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The ACSS aims to fill this position as soon as possible.