We are happy to invite you to the eighth AACCP (Architecture, Archaeology and Contemporary City Planning) symposium organized in collaboration with the Finnish Institute in the Middle East in Beirut, Lebanon in April 27–30 and May 1, 2020.
With the theme Designing Cities – Principles and practices of city planning in the past and
present, we are inviting contributors to present papers that fall within the cross section of architecture, archaeology and city planning and are related, but not limited, to the following topics:
· Urban development, redevelopment and regeneration
· Visions, ideas and realizations – principles in practice
· The role, (mis)use and utilisation of heritage in city planning and building
· Collaboration between city planners, architects, archaeologists and developers
· Public–private–people partnership in urban planning
· Climate crisis, cities and cultural heritage
· Interrelationship between public and private spaces
· Production of urban space from social perspective
· Land use, transportation and traffic
· Functionality, sustainability and attractivity of cities
If you wish to participate in the symposium and present your studies, experiences and ideas at the AACCP2020 in Beirut, please send your paper proposal with an abstract (maximum 300 words) by January 15, 2020 to Liisa Seppänen (firstname.lastname@example.org) and / or Sinan Burat (email@example.com). You may also participate in the meeting without a paper. In this case too, we would appreciate your contact by the given date.
The programme consists of presentations and discussions, excursions in and outside Beirut as well as social activities. The full programme will be published by February 10, 2020 together with the acceptance of papers.