The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is a regional, independent, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening social science research and knowledge production in the Arab world.
The ACSS (www.theacss.org) is recruiting for the following position based in Beirut:
The Program Coordinator is responsible for programmatic research and program coordination and administration.
- Conducting basic desk and field research across universities in coordination with various stakeholders including consultants and experts
- Conceptualizing and planning activities relevant to specific program/s;
- Contributing to the various program/s and their related activities within the defined scope of responsibilities;
- Assisting, coordinating and working closely with Program Manager/s and/or consultants on various activities within the scope of know-how and experience.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- MA in a Social Science discipline
- Previous work experience, including a minimum of 2-3 years working in a setting/capacity directly relevant for the role, for example at a university or a relevant project in the education or non-profit sector
- Good understanding of issues and challenges facing student population in the region
- Perfect knowledge of Arabic and English. French is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power-point)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to email their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.