The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is a regional, independent, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening social science research and knowledge production in the Arab world.
The ACSS (www.theacss.org) is recruiting for the following position based in Beirut:
Administration and Human Resources Officer
Reporting to the Director General, this position helps manage the human resources, legal and administrative functions of the ACSS, including the following:
- Actively overseeing HR functions including recruitment, employee relations, training, performance management
- Implementing and monitoring administrative and HR policies & procedures
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with ACSS strategy
- Preparing contracts with consultants in collaboration with staff and the ACSS lawyer
- Working closely with the ACSS lawyer on legal affairs
- Overseeing all aspects of ACSS membership affairs
- Preparations of materials as relevant for Board of Trustees meetings
- Collaborating as needed with external evaluations of the ACSS
- Handling Office management
- Working on Events and Logistics (with Events Coordinator and in collaboration with relevant staff and Finance Manager)
Eligibility and Qualifications
- A relevant university degree (HR certification is a plus)
- A minimum of 7-year experience in a relevant position
- Perfect knowledge of Arabic and English. (French is a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power-point)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.