About the Education and Youth Policy Research Program
The Education and Youth Policy Research Program at AUB's Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs aims at informing educational policy and promoting improved educational practices and achievement through an increased understanding of the issues of education in the Arab world and their impact on children and youth in the region. The program further aims at engaging in applied, policy-relevant research to help policymakers make decisions based on best available information.
- Conduct fieldwork and literature reviews under the direction of the Program Director; this includes coordinating and attending meetings and visits to ensure the implementation of project activities; prepare and/or edit meeting minutes and process briefings;
- Prepare and produce policy memos and working papers relevant to the project;
- Organize activities relevant to the project such as conferences, advisory committee meetings, lectures, panel discussions, and workshops; produce event summaries;
- Coordinate with the Communications team to disseminate the knowledge produced by the above activities/published texts;
- Coordinate with IFI’s administrative staff to process all administrative, logistical and financial procedures relevant to the project;
- Prepare progress reports on the proceedings of the project when necessary.
- Master’s degree in education studies or a relevant field;
- Three years’ work experience preferable;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic is a must (spoken, read, and written);
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and efficiently;
- Ability to conduct research and interviews in Arabic;
- Experience using NVivo or other qualitative data analysis programs is a plus.
Applicants must send a cover letter, a CV, and two references to the Program Director, Dr. Hana A. El-Ghali, at email@example.com, no later than Friday, October 20, 2018, with the subject: “Project Coordinator – EYPR Program”.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.