This research position will primarily involve work on this project. The Field Officer and Researcher will be actively involved in the research and field activities of the project, coordinating some of its activities with research and field partners, as well as other administrative activities under the supervision and support of the Senior Program Coordinator and the Project Technical Director.
- Follow up on the implementation of project activities with relevant parties (local and international partners, RAs, consultants, etc.);
- Assist and lead in research; this includes conducting literature reviews, assisting in adapting research tools, conducting interviews and focus group discussions, transcription, and analysis of data.
- Conduct fieldwork; this includes coordinating and attending meetings and visits to ensure the implementation of project activities; prepare and/or edit meeting minutes and process briefings.
- Prepare and produce policy briefs and working papers relevant to the projects.
- Organize activities relevant to the project such as lectures, panel discussions, and workshops; produce event summaries.
- Act as focal person for, and communicate with, partners and relevant institutions; represent AUB when necessary at meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- With the support of AUB administrative staff, follow up on the administrative procedures regarding the project, including travel arrangements and expense reports; keep record of all project documents (hard and soft copies).
- Prepare progress reports on the proceedings of the project when necessary.
- Master’s degree in education studies, social sciences or a relevant field. Candidates working towards their master’s degree with relevant research experience will also be considered;
- 1 to 3 years of work experience preferable;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic is a must (spoken, read and written). Prior research experience in Arabic is a plus;
- Good administrative and organizational skills;
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and efficiently;
- Easy mobility in all regions across Lebanon;
- Experience using NVivo or other qualitative data analysis programs is a plus.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.