The Project Coordinator’s main responsibility is to ensure the successful and timely completion of a project with the guidance and support of the Research Director and Program Manager. The coordinator is the research activities’ focal point and will actively be involved in the development and implementation of the project.
- Monitor the implementation and progress of the projects according to approved objectives, plan of action, budget and prepare a report for completion of the project in adherence to deadlines;
- Organize activities relevant to the project such as lectures, panel discussions, and workshops, and produce event summaries;
- Act as focal person for the project and communicate with partners and relevant institutions/organizations;
- Follow up on the administrative procedures regarding the project including travel arrangements and expense reports; keep records of all project documents and submit grant reports;
- Conduct fieldwork when necessary; this includes meetings and visits to ensure the implementation of project activities; prepare and/or edit meeting minutes and process briefings;
- Assist in research; this includes conducting literature reviews, assisting in developing research tools, conducting interviews and focus group discussions, transcription, and analysis of data;
- Prepare and produce research papers, policy briefs and working papers relevant to the projects;
- Assist in organizing multiple workshops on public policy-making in the region, including coordinating communications with attendees, organizing travel and complying notes and reports from the workshops.
- Master’s degree in social sciences or a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years of work/research experience
- Fluent in both Arabic and English
Applicants must send a cover letter, a CV, and the names of two references with full contact information to the Program Manager, Yara Mourad, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than October 23, 2017, with the subject, “Project Coordinator - Refugee Research and Policy in the Arab World Program”.
Applicants must be Lebanese or eligible to work in Lebanon as per AUB Human Resources policies.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.