- Letter of interest that includes relevant experience such as similar studies conducted by the Team members
- Description of the Baseline Study methodology (maximum 2 pages)
- Work plan that lists the main steps involved in the Baseline Study process and a timeline for the Baseline Study
- Baseline Study budget
- Description of the Research Team and the roles and responsibilities of various team members
- CVs of all team members, including the publications list for team members this applies to
The Baseline Study should factor in the specific political and economic conditions and constraints within which knowledge production takes place.
The challenges of communication and mobility between different parts of Palestine must be integrated into the research design and data collection.
- Initial briefing/Preparatory meeting (virtual meeting)
- Prepare a detailed work plan and timetable for accomplishing all tasks
- Prepare a detailed budget
- Conduct a review of relevant literature on higher education and research
- Map the infrastructure of social sciences and humanities
- Develop the methodology for the sample survey of individual social scientists. The methodology will include the Target Population, Sampling Frame, Sampling Method, etc.
- Develop/Adapt data collection instruments for the Baseline Study (in consultation with the ACSS, Sida and the Swedish Consulate-General in Jerusalem)
- Data collection using data collection instruments developed/adapted
- Data analysis
- Preparation of draft Report
- Revisions based on peer review and input from the ACSS, Sida and the Swedish Consulate-General in Jerusalem
- Preparation of final Report
- Presentation of Baseline Study findings to the ACSS and Sida
- Participate in the dissemination of Baseline Study findings
- Detailed work plan and timetable (January 31, 2018)
- Budget (January 31, 2018)
- Methodology (February 28, 2018)
- Facilitation of expert meeting to review methodology (February 28, 2018)
- Data collection instruments (March 31, 2018)
- 2 interim progress reports (March 31, 2018 and May 31, 2018)
- Draft Report (June 30, 2018)
- Facilitation of review meeting of Draft Report (June 30, 2018)
- Final Report and Executive Summary (July 31, 2018)
- PowerPoint presentation (August 31, 2018)
- One or two dissemination activities including at Sida Headquarters
January – March 2018: Development of detailed work plan, timetable, budget, survey methodology, data collection instrument
April – May 2018: Data collection, with periodic consultation meetings and coordination with all stakeholders
June – July 2018: Report writing and submission
August– September 2018: Production of final Report in Arabic and English
October – November 2018: Dissemination activities
Lead Researcher Qualifications:
PhD in a relevant area with a minimum of 10-year experience in survey design and implementation, quantitative and qualitative research and research management.
Currently active researcher with up-to-date record of publications.
Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English.