Deadline for Application: Sunday, December 12, 2021
The Lebanese Center for Policy Studies is hiring a Political Science Researcher.
Founded in 1989, the Lebanese Center for Policy Studies is an independently managed, non-partisan, non-profit, non-governmental think tank whose mission is to produce and advocate policies that improve governance in Lebanon and the Arab region. LCPS’ current research agenda focuses on: enhancing governance and improving regional relations, informing the process of economic growth and sustainable development, promoting inclusive and effective social policies, and informing the development of policies for a sustainable environment. Four themes cut across the above areas of focus, including gender, youth, conflict resolution, and technology.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify issues for research and analysis.
- Conduct relevant policy research.
- Design public opinion surveys, focus group discussion guides, and interview questionnaires.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data, such as public opinion surveys.
- Analyze policies, public issues, legislation, government processes, and election results.
- Draft analytical documents and policy papers.
- Consult with political groups, government officials, civic bodies, research agencies, the media, and others concerned with political issues.
- Deliver oral and visual presentations.
- A doctorate or master’s degree in political science or its equivalent, and at least three years of relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical thinking and excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated affinity with the mission and objectives of the Lebanese Center for Policy Studies.
- Demonstrated experience with conducting academic/policy research.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting and analyzing data and information.
- A problem-solving attitude and approach.
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required; fluency in Arabic is highly desirable.
- Excellent communications skills and intercultural sensitivity.
- Must be a resident of Lebanon.
How to Apply:
Please send a completed application consisting of a cover letter (maximum one page), a CV, a writing sample (three to five pages, in English), and three references to: email@example.com
Please make sure to mention “Political Science Researcher” in the subject of your email. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to contact candidates whose applications are shortlisted.