Deadline for Applications: Friday, May 14, 2021
Founded in 1989, the Lebanese Center for Policy Studies is an independently managed, non-partisan, non-profit, non-governmental think tank whose mission is to produce and advocate policies that improve governance in Lebanon and the Arab region. LCPS’ current research agenda focuses on: improving governance and political representation, strengthening decentralization, advocating for a transparent oil and gas sector, supporting policies to create jobs, empowering youth, assessing the vulnerability of refugees, and promoting security sector reform.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify issues for research and analysis.
- Conduct relevant policy research.
- Design public opinion surveys, focus group discussion guides, and interview questionnaires.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data such as public opinion surveys.
- Analyze policies, public issues, legislation, operation of government, and election results.
- Draft analytical documents and policy papers.
- Consult with political groups, government officials, civic bodies, research agencies, the media, and others concerned with political issues.
- Deliver oral and visual presentations.
- A master’s degree in political science or its equivalent and at least three years of relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical thinking and excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated affinity with the mission and objectives of the Lebanese Center for Policy Studies.
- Demonstrated experience and affinity with initiating and carrying out academic/policy research.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting and analyzing data and information.
- A problem-solving attitude and approach.
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required; fluency in Arabic is highly desirable.
- Excellent communications skills and intercultural sensitivity.
- Must be a resident of Lebanon.
How to Apply:
Please send a completed application consisting of a cover letter (maximum one page), a CV, a writing sample (three to five pages, in English), and three references to email@example.com.
Please make sure to mention “Political Science Researcher” in the subject of your email. Unfortunately, due to a high number of applicants, we are only able to contact candidates whose applications are shortlisted.