Deadline for Applications: Friday, May 7, 2021
Founded in 1989, the Lebanese Center for Policy Studies is an independently managed, non-partisan, non-profit, non-governmental think tank whose mission is to produce and advocate policies that improve governance in Lebanon and the Arab region. LCPS’ current research agenda focuses on: Improving governance and political representation, strengthening decentralization, advocating for a transparent oil and gas sector, supporting policies to create jobs, empowering youth, assessing the vulnerability of refugees, and promoting security sector reform.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct relevant policy research.
- Conduct projects and activities related to empirical analysis. This involves application of quantitative and econometric methods to empirically investigate various issues. The work should lead to the formulation of policy recommendations, based on sound economic theory and empirical analysis.
- Develop the data foundation for such work in order to address relevant policy questions, through for instance the use of a variety of existing micro-data sets, as well as the collection of primary data, e.g. through surveys.
- Draft analytical documents and policy papers.
- Deliver oral and visual presentations for non-specialized audiences to inform public opinion.
- A master’s degree in economics and at least three years of relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical thinking and excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated affinity with the mission and objectives of the Lebanese Center for Policy Studies.
- Demonstrated experience and affinity with initiating and carrying out academic/policy research.
- Demonstrated experience in using specialist software, such as Stata, R, or Python, and applying advanced methods for statistical analysis.
- A problem-solving attitude and approach.
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required; fluency in Arabic is highly desirable.
- Excellent communications skills and intercultural sensitivity.
- Must be a resident of Lebanon.
How to Apply:
Please send a completed application consisting of a cover letter (maximum one page), a CV, a writing sample (three to five pages, in English), and three references to email@example.com.
Please make sure to mention “Economic Researcher” in the subject of your email. Unfortunately, due to a high number of applicants, we are only able to contact candidates whose applications are shortlisted.